Micro Surface Corporation, located in the midwest an hour outside of Chicago, IL has been a coating services provider for customers throughout the USA for more than 30 years. Micro Surface Corporation is experienced with coatings application of PTFE, PFA, FEP, ETFE, and other hybrids and offer delivery to our local customers. We can process parts up to 12ft. x 10ft. x 10ft and handle customer orders with complex masking requirements. Our experienced applicators will clean your parts, apply the product and cure to the manufacturer's specifications to ensure proper adhesion and maximize the benefits of the coating. Please contact us for a quote, turnaround is generally 3-5 days after receipt of customer components.
|Corrosion Resistance||PFA, ETFE|
|Durability / Toughness||ETFE, PFA, PTFE|
|Dielectric Strength||PFA, FEP, ETFE|
Teflon® Coatings OverviewTeflon® coating is a fluoropolymer made by Chemours that improves release for molds, is non-stick for food applications, increases lubrication, and is excellent for corrosion protection.
- Teflon®-S one coats
- Special one coat blends of fluoroplastics that provide excellent toughness & abrasion resistance.
- Teflon® PTFE
- Teflon® PTFE non-stick coatings have the lowest coefficient of friction & highest temperature resistance at 500°F and a melting point of 627°F. They also offer good abrasion & chemical resistance and can be applied to aluminum, carbon steel and stainless steel.
- Teflon® FEP
- Teflon® FEP non-stick coatings differ from PTFE in that it melt flows and is thus non-porus. They provide excellent chemical & corrosion protection and can be used up to 400°F.
- Teflon® PFA
- Teflon® PFA is a resin very similar to FEP in use, but PFA can be used at even higher continuous use temperatures (500°F), can be applied thicker, and has greater toughness than PTFE & FEP. PFA is useful for the paper industry where it helps to improve the efficiency of paper mills, pulp mills and other paper converting industries where it prevents fibers from sticking to process equipment which can cause quality problems and result in expensive downtime and cleaning.
- ETFE Tefzel®
- Tefzel® ETFE has excellent chemical resistance & can be applied as thick as PFA but is the tougher. It is often used to coat the interior surfaces of stainless steel fume exhaust ducts as it is a tough polymer that can withstand rough handling during installation. Its strong adhesion also allows for field modifications such as various taps or cutting ducts to specific lengths.
- Teflon® multi-coat blend
- A two or three coat system of PTFE, FEP, & PFA Teflon® to optimize performance in the form of superior abrasion resistance & extended service life.
|Coating Type||Non-Stick||Chemical Resistance||Abrasion Protection||Corrosion Protection||Service Temperature||Coefficient of Friction|
|Teflon® One Coats (Teflon®-S)||Good||Good||Best||Best||425°F||0.1 - 0.4|
|Teflon® PTFE||Best||Good||Average||Average||500°F||0.12 - 0.15|
|Teflon® FEP||Best||Best||Good||Best||400°F||0.12 - 0.20|
|ETFE Tefzel®||Good||Better||Best||Best||300°F||0.24 - 0.50|
|Teflon® PTFE / FEP / PFA multi-coat blends||Best||Good||Best||Good||500°F||0.15|
Parts are cleaned to remove all oil, grease & other substances. Cast parts are de-gassed.
Parts are pretreated to ensure proper adhesion.
Teflon® is rolled at 30 rpm for 30 minutes to ensure the coating has been adequately mixed.
The coating is sprayed onto the item either manually or on one our automated production lines.
Depending on the coating used the part is cured in an oven at a temperature from 320°F to 815°F.
Parts are inspected to ensure proper application.
|Teflon® One Coat Product Numbers & Descriptions (Teflon-S®)||Food Contact||Cure Temperature||Service Temperature|
||No||400 - 500°F||400°F|
||No||320 - 550°F||300°F|
||No||350 - 650°F||500F°|
|*959G-204 not for food contact.|
|Teflon ® PTFE Product Numbers & Descriptions||Food Contact||Cure Temperature||Service Temperature|
||No||725 - 805°F||500°F|
||Yes*||725 - 805°F||500°F|
|*852G-202 not for food contact|
|Teflon ® FEP Product Numbers & Descriptions||Food Contact||Cure Temperature||Service Temperature|
||Yes*||575 - 750°F||400°F
|*856G-204 not for food contact|
|Product Line||Product Code||Color||Descriptioon||Food Contact||Cure Temperature||Service Temperature|
|532G||532G-5010||Clear||High temp resistance & excellent release. 532G-5310 Teflon® is tougher and more stress crack resistant than 532G-5010 which flows more smoothly in thin films. 532G-5011 is a finer particle size of 532G-5010 and is used when a very smooth thin film is required. 532G-7000 is a smooth clear sparkling topcoat.||Yes||650 - 750°F||500°F|
|Teflon® ETFE Product Numbers & Descriptions||Food Contact||Cure Temperature||Service Temperature|
||Yes||515 - 625°F||300°F|
|Teflon® Coating Blends Product Numbers and Descriptions||Food Contact||Cure Temperature||Service Temperature|
|Industrial Market||Applications||Coating Requirements||Good||Best|
|Fasteners||Industrial Nuts and Bolts||Corrosion Resistance|
|Rubber Molds||Shoe Molds||Nonstick||
|Industrial Laundry||Dryer Baskets||Nonstick||532G-7000|
|Yard and Garden||
|Mold Release||Wide Variety||Nonstick||
|Packaging||Heat Seal Bars||Nonstick||
|Paper||Processing Rolls||Corrosion Resistance||
|Automotive Component||Benefit Provided by Teflon®|
|Weld nuts||Provides electrical insulation, release, and dry lubrication to prevent electrodeposition build up on threads and to assure a tight and proper clamp load.|
|Air conditioner pistons||Provides low friction dry lubrication to prevent galling of pistons and housings.|
|Springs and hose clamps||Provides low friction and corrosion protection to extend durability and reduce warranty costs.|
|Seat recliner springs||Provides dry lubrication to prevent squeaking and other noises and reduces warranty costs.|
|Nuts and Bolts||Provides dry lubrication, electrical insulation, and release to assure tight clamp loads.|
|Intake valves||Provides a nonstick heat resistant surface that prevents build up, reduces friction, and reduces wear.|
|Steering column shafts||Provides dry lubrication and corrosion resistance to allow free movemment of the steering shaft between the chassis and body.|
|Food Processing Component||Benefit Provided by Teflon®|
|Bread and Bun Pans||Provides a nonstick high temperature resistant surface that requires less cooking oil, eliminates glazing, and improves yields.|
|Waffle grids||Provides a nonstick high temperature resistant surface that is easy to clean and produces uniform product color and thus higher yields.|
|Cheese Augers and Molds||Provides a nonstick surface that is able to be easily and quickly cleaned. Eliminates problematic build up of dried residue which reduces downtime and labor.|
|Pasta Cutters||Provides a nonstick and low friction surface that improves cut accuracy and is easy to clean.|
|Weighing equipment||Provides a nonstick and abrasion resistance surface to allow for more accurate and rapid filling and clean up.|
|Cookie Molds||Provides a nonstick, abrasion resistant, high temperature surface that improves yields and allows for faster clean up.|
|Heat seal bars||Provides a high temperature, nonstick, and abrasion resistant surface that is easy to clean.|